Welcome to the Dentistry Service at Metropolitan Animal Specialty Hospital (MASH)
MASH is proud to offer Dentistry as one of its services headed by Dr. Hobson. Dr. Hobson and his staff are dedicated to your pet’s dental health. We strive to provide exceptional service and individualized care for your pet.
What is a Pet Dentist?
A pet dentist is someone that has specialized knowledge and expertise in dentistry. Pet dentists work in prevention, diagnosis, treatment of specific conditions, and disorders of the oral and maxillofacial regions as it pertains to dentistry and fractures or other trauma to the face and skull. Pet dentistry includes the cleaning, adjustment, filing, extraction, or repair of animals’ teeth and all other aspects of oral health care in animals. The pet dentist will work closely with your family veterinarian to ensure that your pet is obtaining the best possible care.
Why Do You Need a Pet Dentist?
A pet owner should seek a pet dentist when a pet requires professional dental and oral care or suffers trauma to the bones of the head, face, or jaw. A family veterinarian will help to keep your pet systemically healthy and help to prevent common dental issues from becoming more serious ones, but sometimes more specific treatment is needed that only a pet dentist can perform. When a pet needs more advanced care like root canals, metal crowns, repairing of a jaw fracture, the removal of oral cancer or to correct orthodontic abnormalities, a pet dentist is recommended.
Our dentistry services include:
- Periodontal disease- offering treatment options beyond cleaning and extraction
- Endodontic disease- root canal treatment, vital pulp therapy
- Prosthetic Crowns
- Involved oral surgery- difficult or risky extractions, tooth resorption, etc.
- Treatment of malocclusions, orthodontics
- Oral medicine- chronic gingivostomatitis, canine chronic ulcerative stomatitis, craniomandibular osteopathy, masticatory muscle myositis, etc.
- Restoration of teeth
- Dental implants
- Dental treatment of high anesthetic risk patients (with anesthesiologist)
- Other oral surgery
- Soft tissue surgery of the tongue
- Salivary glands and miscellaneous oral problems
- Oral oncologic surgery and reconstruction
- Traumatic skull and jaw fracture repair
Contact MASH Today
If your pet needs dentistry services, visit MASH today. Dentistry is available Mondays-Thursdays 8:00am-6:30pm. We have doctors that will be able to not only diagnose your pet but also treat them. Our doctors, combined with our state-of-the-art technology, will be able to find out what is troubling your pet and how best to treat the problem. If your pet’s condition needs special care, please contact MASH today. Dentistry services are located at MASH’s Outpatient facility located at 6611 Santa Monica Blvd.